100th Post!

I wrote my first blog post on September 22, 2010. I wouldn't say it's my best post but at this point, even if it's a little cringeworthy for me to look back on, I'm happy I did it. And actually, I'm pretty damn proud of myself in general for putting 100 of these babies together. Sometimes I think my blog doesn't really have a purpose because it doesn't focus on any one specific category of interest, and this is what "they" suggest bloggers do to gain a following.

However, I argue (with myself) that it does serve a purpose. It's a representation of me...of my life. I have interests (and blog posts) talking about hiking and kayaking and camping and cock-tailing and education and work and family and any other random situation that I may encounter. These aspects of my life are what makes me, me. I'm proud of myself for just doing this, even if my blog isn't saved on everyone's computer, even if people aren't talking about my most recent post around the water cooler at work...even if people don't like my posts and think I'm ridiculous for doing this and think I'm a shitty writer.

When I started this, I had no idea what I was doing. I still don't, but I know I'm getting better. I know my blog updates my life for those who care to follow when communication otherwise isn't always an option. I know it allows me to connect with family and friends who may share similar experiences. Most importantly though, I know my blog gives me a chance to practice a hobby I genuinely enjoy. I recently read some tips for wannabe writers. One stuck with me and I wish I could remember the specific wording or the author...but it said something very simple like, if you like what you're writing or how you're writing, keep writing--it might take years for others to feel the same way. I like this.

A few people have asked what I want to do with this...what my goal ultimately is. That is such a huge question. I don't in anyway feel like I'm even in the same atmosphere as my favorite authors when it comes to writing. I don't have novels lingering around my mind or characters up their partying, waiting for me to pluck them out and use them. For now I have this and I enjoy it. I don't want this to sound stupid, but I genuinely want to thank so many of you for the kind words and shared experiences you have left in comments on here and on facebook and in private messages. It means a lot to me even if it might not seem like a big deal to you.

As a side-note, does it count if my 100th post is about me writing my 100 post? What if I said I came on to write about my first swim meet and how horrible I was? Caffeine is a motherfucker. I guess I'll save that experience for next time.

As a side-note to my side-note, one or two sips of coffee make me feel like I can do absolutely anything. Any more than that and I've gone too far...there's no turning back. It's like my mind begins functioning solely on its own with its own objectives and goals, and I have no idea what the hell is going on nor how to control my thought process. I do not understand how people drink this shit to start their day. I don't even know what happened to the last three hours.

Anyway, happy 100th blogeroo post to me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Pudding Shots

Pudding Shots = Amazing

Pudding Shots 4: Specialty Shots