Tres de Mayo

There is a slew of little men in my head who are uh...quite busy shoveling up the shit show that was last night. I'm picturing a post-New Years Eve Times Square or Bourbon Street level of clean up happening as we speak; sludge removal so my synapses can do their thing.

I suppose I could say we were celebrating Tres de Mayo. The evening did have a partial Mexican theme with us eating leftover nachos while listening to an itunes Cinco de Mayo playlist. We were NOT wearing hats of any sort so I can't claim we were partaking in the Derby festivities like so many others on fb.

But really, I think we were just kind of bored and had some new drinks to try. The drinks were damn delightful. We had many. We played Tetris Jenga. We looked at the stars. We played keep away from the pups. Dancing naturally ensued. It was a pretty great night that ended with me lying on the floor, my world spinning, thinking I was going to be sick. It's a good thing we don't do this all the time because just trying to be normal right now is difficult.

As it were, I did all this for you...obviously. Here are two new-to-me drinks for your pleasure. They have passed all tests and earned a quality approval rating.



The Frosty Mexican Bulldog Margarita 
(pictured below with my husband and his friend)

5 limes
1 orange
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup Grand Marnier (we used triple sec)
~5 cups ice (add as you blend to get the thickness you want)
Corona

Juice your limes and orange. (I just tossed the lime juice and whole orange into my Nutribullet.) I added the liquors and filled up the rest of the bullet with ice). We also rimmed our glasses with sugar which was seriously wonderful. ONLY FILL YOUR GLASS 1/2 WAY! (Maybe even less.) You need room in the glass for the beer. Turn your beer upside down (quickly) into your glass and cue awesome.

Recipe makes about 4 decent sized drinks.



Loaded Blue Moon

1 Blue Moon (We used the Summer Honey Wheat)
1/2 shot of peach vodka
1/2 shot of peach shnapps

(Japan peeps--the flavor of this hints at our beloved Chu-hi!)

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Pudding Shots

Pudding Shots = Amazing

Pudding Shots 4: Specialty Shots